Monday, March 19, 2018

Pamplona City


Family and Friends,

I don't know where all these miracles are coming from. The presidents wife just told me that we can work hard and not get anything done or we can work hard and "get lucky" you could say but the key is to keep working hard. To recap this week I will just talk about our baptisms and Santiago.

It was a long process but we finished off the week with two baptisms, Alexander and Alfredo. 2 points for heaven someone give me a high five. Two very good men who are a lot better now.
Santiago is the most humble man and not because he is obligated to be but because he chose to be. He actually has a pretty good job but he gives all that he makes to his family to their houses and studies, his own house is very simple. The gospel and the Book of Mormon are things that he decisively made a part of his life and he is happier because of it.

Today is only half a P-day because on Friday we are going to the temple woo hoo so that will be more of a full P-day. The temple is great and I can't wait to eat at Subway again ha ha. Also, my companion has had problems with his meniscus in the past so president wants us to buy new "proselyting" shoes but they are just all black Nike running shoes to help out with walking all day everyday. Then it will be back to the grind.
Something that is normal here but I had to get used to was that every so often at random they will just shut off the water or electricity, that's what happened last week so we had to drive 30 minutes to find another Internet cafe.

Last P day we watched the movie Coco and I am not going to lie I think it was better in Spanish than in English. And boy does that movie tug a few chords and make you want to remember a little more. Of course everybody ties this into temple work and family history.

I read something in the Liahona this week that I really liked. It was by Elder Cook called something like "When the bad seems good and the good seems bad" it reminded me a lot of the quote shared by Elder Holland that "somehow Satan has made covenants and commandments feel more like condemnation". Growing up and especially in High School I felt like that was very true in certain cases, fortunately I wasn't exposed to many major things but one thing that stared me in the face wanting to fight was language. It didn't matter who, if I heard garbage I would offer a word they could have said instead and often times it happened when I was good friends with someone in class and then they would cuss suddenly I felt like I was the one who looked ridiculous because I wouldn't say things like that. If you haven't read it already I would encourage you to, it talks about all the commandments or values of the church that the world doesn't agree with like modesty, chastity, Word of Wisdom, and families.

Our mission started a study of the Book of Mormon from the start to the end marking with 4 colors all the names of Christ, His attributes, His teachings and the prophesies completed in the Book of Mormon. We will read 20 minutes everyday or 6 to 7 pages to be able to finish in 3 months or so. I started in English but apparently that was cheating so I started over in Spanish. I don't know where you all are in your own studies but for those of you who haven't read in awhile I fervently invite you to do the same.

I love all you guys have the best week, don't forget to read your scriptures.

Love,

Elder Craythorne







No comments:

Post a Comment