Monday, March 5, 2018

Pamplona (Rogue) One


Dear Family and Friends,

I hear a good quote this week where the stake president was in a meeting with the area 70 and other general authorities and the area 70 said "we have all been called out of the mercy of God because if it were out of justice we would not be here". I have been called as a missionary out of God's mercy.

I hope you guys had as good a week as we had. Working hard and progressing is sweeter than any tres leches cake I have been offered (that's a lie but you catch the analogy I am trying to make). This week we had a lesson with Santiago who is 57 years old and is so excited to be baptized. He lives alone with his son in a very humble house and the rest of his family lives in another city but he visits them often. He told us that he liked the folletos so much that he started teaching his family the things we were teaching him. He lives at the top of the hill but he is 10 minutes early to church every week. I can't explain how fun it is to teach him.

I cannot tell you exactly the number about how many baptisms come from member references but its a lot more than that of regular tracting. Members know who is ready for the gospel more than we do the only problem is that it costs an arm and a leg to get a referral out of the members but I can't say too much because I was never generous either before my mission. If every member gave referrals the world would be a better place, in an ideal world.

The service we do here is so fun, well not fun but I like it a lot. I think I have already explained a little of what we do but I will go into a little more detail. Juan Leon is the father of one of recent converts and he is such a good guy. He has his own humble little workshop where he makes shopping carts but not the kind you are thinking of. So we help bending iron, making measurements and drilling holes, smoothing off the poles with something that makes a lot of sparks. The end result is a lot of noise and grease slash grime. I would try take pictures but everyone's hands are dirty. 

I am going to buy a new suit today. Cross your fingers everything goes smoothly. 

I know this church is true I love sharing it.

Elder Craythorne

Pictures
Last week I had the best hamburger and milkshake that I have ever had in my mission.
Our zone leaders bought us pizza.




No comments:

Post a Comment