Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Speechless

Dear Family and Friends,

I was going to put Pamplona and the Priesthood as my title but that was obviously before hearing of the newly announced temples. Layton, Utah. Wow I am speechless and I will not be able to express anywhere near how I actually feel and I am excited to hear your comments and similar feelings, not forgetting the other temples in remote parts of the world like Russia and India. To those who want to hear an attempt of how I felt refer to my voice recording. The work is moving along, and with great velocity.
Then to my fellow priesthood holders, if you did not participate in the session Saturday you missed out. Again, I will not be able to adequately express the spirit that was there when we shouted in song, Rise Up oh Men of God. He really is the prophet and you can feel it.

My companion caught the flu this week, or in other words I should be getting sick any day now.

I just wanted to share a certain experience before I elaborate more on General conference. This week with Santiago. Towards the beginning of the lesson we verified how he felt about his baptism, the 7th of April, and to be honest I was doubting a little bit just because a lot of time passes between our lessons, sometimes we are lucky to get one a week. These last couple of lessons we have been trying to finish the lessons and on Wednesday we planned to teach tithing. So after some hesitation I finally asked him if he felt sufficiently prepared and still wanted to be baptized and he started in explaining how he could not wait he is ecstatic about his baptism. He said "I know I have to be baptized and I want to do it and this is the church I need to be baptized in." I can't explain it well enough or translate exactly what he said but it just gave me so much peace I couldn't help but let out a giant sigh of relief and smile. When we were doing the pre interview and we asked if he believed in God he appeared to be almost offended he said "that's not even a question". Again, I don't know what we did to deserve this miracle.
I feel packed with spiritual ammunition after this weekend. And with the new calling of Elder Suarez and Elder Gong, I know the will and hand of Lord was behind all of it. I finally learned what it means to be meek with 4 amazing examples. I learned for Elder Robins the necessity of failure and that "success is going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm".

I loved this week and that weekend definitely helped. I hope you enjoy the voice recording.

Love,

Elder Craythorne



No comments:

Post a Comment