Sunday, October 28, 2018

The Office and Prophet

Family and Friends,

Since last week I wrote on Thursday a lot has happened since then, let me recap.

BAPTISMS
That's right plural. On Friday we baptized Doris and Spencer and it was such a good experience. Doris started listening to the missionaries 3 weeks before her baptism, 3 weeks! She was so prepared, she was giddy with excitement on her baptism it was so cool to see her face light up. Elders Thompson, Putt, and Marcucci sang a really good song for the baptism and that brought in the spirit super well. They each take a part like the melody, harmony and bass and it sounds so good those guys are legends. I will attach pictures of those. I really didn't do much for their conversions but I was able to teach them quite a bit.

PRESIDENT NELSON
On Saturday, like I mentioned we were blessed to be able to hear the prophet not once but twice. In the afternoon with all the missionaries and at night with all the members. So cool.
Before it started while we were waiting Elder Sanchez asked me what my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon was and I said Chapters 11-29 in 3rd Nephi and then when the prophet stood up he started speaking about the chapters one after another talking about the importance of this being Joseph's land of inheritance.
At night he surprised the country when he dismissed his translator and spoke in Spanish about the importance of keeping the commandments, going to the temple, and paying your tithing.
If you haven't seen the picture yet I will just explain that I had a very unfortunate seat where I could not see the prophet at all while he was speaking I could only hear him, which I could not have been bummed about but I was just thinking "who cares, I am in the same room as the prophet" and then it was so cool to see him standing 10 feet in front of me as he was exiting the building. It was only for a short minute but boy was I on cloud 9. 
We also gave a ticket to Doris so she could go see him that Saturday night, that was a blessing in its self.

HISTORICAL MISSION NEWS
Because I am in the office I get to know exciting things sooner than I would otherwise. So, president walked out of his office and announced that this next transfer (next week) we are going to open up a new zone! The cool part is, Elder Thompson and Elder Marcucci (both of my really good friends) are going to open it and be the zone leaders.

I am so blessed to be a missionary.
I pray for all you guys every day.
Talks to listen/read this week "it is not good that man be alone" BYU speech.

Love you all,

Elder Craythorne




No comments:

Post a Comment