Sunday, November 18, 2018

The Office and Thanksgiving

Family,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I am on the downside of fighting off a man cold and I was losing that battle for a long time haha.  Don't tell my mom though because she doesn't believe in "man colds". Everytime I get sick in my mission doing normal things are just so much harder but as soon as I leave to proselyte or teach I can't feel anything its awesome, like Airborne but on steroids jacked on the spirit. Then we get home and I feel like I got ran over by a bus again.  This coming week is sure to be a huge blessing, we are having the area president Falabela come to our mission on Thursday and Friday to speak with the whole mission. So for my Thanksgiving I will be eating a Pollo a la Brasa instead of the traditional American Turkey. Either way I am blessed.
My studies this week have lead me back again and again to being grateful for all things. I am pretty sure lds.org is doing that on purpose and not just because this Thursday is where we stuff ourselves so much we can't walk up the stairs but also because I really want to exert myself to be more grateful. I have watched probably 30 times that one video "think to thank" and also "in the spirit of thanksgiving" where that one guy says "donuts and muffins" #throwback to young mens. I also had these good quotes I wanted to share.
 
President Gordon B. Hinckley taught that the more often a person says thank you, the happier he will be
An excellent way to express gratitude is by giving sincere praise. Praise lifts both the giver and the receiver. Mark Twain said, “I can live for two months on a good compliment,” and most of us feel the same way.

This week Lazaro and Lieti are in Cuba getting married so we can get them baptized.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and an awesome Thanksgiving.
Last quote I want to end on. God trusts us to do our part, and live our lives.
God left the world unfinished for man to work his skill upon. He left the electricity in the cloud, the oil in the earth. He left the rivers unbridged and the forests unfelled and the cities unbuilt. God gives to man the challenge of raw materials, not the ease of finished things. He leaves the pictures unpainted and the music unsung and the problems unsolved, that man might know the joys and glories of creation.

Love you all,
I love my mission,

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment