Monday, December 25, 2017

Solidaridad and Christmas

Solidaridad and Christmas

I am sure at least that a few of you are aware of the crisis in Venezuela but they are all moving out the country. We have found about four of them and they are super receptive to listen to us. Their accent is really cool. This week we found Richard who lives with 5 returned missionaries... Yeah, good luck Richard. They do Family Home Evening as friends, he is just surrounded by the best people he could be.

On Friday we had our Multizone Conference and it was a really good day. The president gave each of us half of a chicken. We had a gift exchange and I got an expired pack of gum, but Elder Styler got a Qechua dictionary so we are learning some things. Japii chay wallpata, kaq pachapi kausanchik, kichaypunkuta. I was able to see Elder Limao for the first time in awhile he is still doing really good. Overall, it was the perfect thing that I needed this Christmas, president McGinn and sister McGinn both shared really good talks. I cant really explain it but I was so happy I wanted to cry, I just started thinking about the very fact of being out here surrounded by all of this, I love it.

We were thinking that yesterday, Sunday, was going to be difficult but it was the busiest day I have ever had. We started proselyting at 2 and visited 9 families. We shared little 30 minute lessons and sang hymns with them.

Just in case somebody asks how I am doing out here you can just go ahead and tell them the truth, I am so happy. I love it here in this ward I have made such good friends. Everyday I am always smiling. These people have no idea what is in store for them when they let us in their door, if I could explain it to them in one word it would be JOY. Our investigator Victor and his kids are still doing well and constantly improving. One thing I have seen that has changed with him is how happy he has gotten. He does not live a very happy life but he is super joyful. We had a lesson with them and I think they finally started taking this baptism thing seriously because we asked them how they felt about the 6th  of January and he just came out and said "guys I don't feel completely ready to be baptized that soon but maybe a few weeks later" so now he will be baptized on the 20th. Which is a lot better that he will be baptized when he really has a more profound understanding of it.
I wish you all the Happiest Christmas because that is its purpose. God sent the world His only begotten Son... that they might have joy. (various scriptures)

Love,

Elder Craythorne





No comments:

Post a Comment