Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Solidaridad and Subway

Dear Family and Friends,

Solidaridad and Subway

On Friday we went to the temple, after a while it was so refreshing to go back to that holy place. I really cant describe adequately, it is different as a missionary. Then after we went to Subway and I got the good old meatball sub, I almost feel the same way about that as I do the temple. It was like our second p day for the week and it was a longer break because an hour after coming home we met at City Hall to do a Book of Mormon activity. We went around to people who were just hanging out outside city hall, actually a pretty popular place, and we asked the people if they wanted to participate in an experiment that we were doing for 2 or 3 minutes. Most said yes then we gifted a singular page out of the Book and asked them to mark it up with what they liked and what talked about Jesus. After they did that we would come back and talk to them and reveal to them that they only have one page of a great book that is full of additional knowledge about Jesus Christ. Most wanted to learn more and it worked out fairly well.

We also watched the Christmas Devotional Sunday night and as always it was a delight. They shared some good stories and examples and above all principles about love, service, and forgiveness. I hope we never forget that the best gifts have come and will come only through Christ and following His example. Loving, serving, and forgiving as He would and has.
One struggle we have is taking this work and forming it with the Peruvian schedule because I have said they are always working, sometimes we don't know if our progressing investigators are still progressing or not because we haven't seen them in over a week. One thing I have learned from that to is to be grateful for the time they give us to listen and receive us in their homes.
Our area does a really good job of finding new investigators but it feels like we have a lot to juggle and our schedules are always full but its a good feeling we are constantly stretching ourselves.
I love the mission life. We are always learning and if we don't write it down then I am bound to forget it. We are always studying and listening to talks from apostles. Thanks to Jackson and Emily that apostle is usually Jeffrey R Holland. He is a really good speaker and good with words. I am going to grow up and be the Elder Holland of Spanish.

I am so blessed to be out here on this mission. I echo the testimony of the greats and I know that Jesus Christ lived, died and He lives. The life and example He left for us is and will always be the best gift anyone could offer, and it shows how loving our Father is because He sent something so perfect.
I love and pray for all you guys. Have a good week, I will keep working hard.

Love, 

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment