Monday, January 29, 2018

Pamplona

Dear Family and Friends,

Someone in sacrament meeting last week said "No importa la placa pero la corazon que queda detras." It doesn't matter about the name tag but the heart that lies behind it. 

This week was amazing, I know I say that a lot but this time I mean it, and I meant it the other times.

One thing I forgot to mention last week in my letter is the Gospel Principles teacher in this ward is the best. He is probably the most unqualified teacher on the planet but he makes it so easy to bring investigators to church because his classes are so fun and edifying. He doesn't exactly tell jokes just the way he acts we all have a smile the whole class and walk away with the feeling "we all just lived that uncomfortable mess together". Maestro Cucci. Every body loves Gospel Principles.

I know that I am being the stereotypical missionary when I say this but my perspective about callings and assignments has changed, I have seen the affect it makes when someone either magnifies or slacks off. Every missionary comes home with a bunch of things they want to do but I really do want to do a better job with my callings.
Sounds like both the San Gabriel stake and West Point stake had conference yesterday. Our mission president assisted along with a member of the 70. If you'll allow me to write some of the things that impressed me. 
The mission president's wife told a story about her brother who was the advisor to the deacons quorum. She described her brother as being a bigger than average guy who played football. On a camp out where they were to go hiking her brother started the hike with ease being in generally good shape. But as the hike went on he was getting more and more tired and started to fall behind and it came to the point where he wanted to go back. He kept moving and finally got to the site where they were going to camp. He unpacked his bag only to find that it had been filled with rocks, at every break that they had taken, the 12 year olds had been putting rocks in his bag. The mission president's wife tied it into keeping the Sabbath day holy and taking the sacrament. We can go through this life collecting all kinds of guilt and putting it in our load, some sins we may not even know we have committed.
Second, the member of the 70, whose name is slipping my mind right now, told us about the Book of Mormon. It was super powerful and a good reminder of the importance of it in our conversion and continuing retention as members.

This week we were contacting and I knocked on the door of a young man who thought it was pretty cool that I was from the United States, he is learning English and tried to say somethings to me. He is also interested in religion, so we set an appointment and Saturday we and taught him. If I am not wrong I think he said that the Book of Mormon is true in our first lesson. Let me just say that it was way too easy to teach him, it is like when mom tells you to go pick the tomatoes and you find one that could have been picked a couple weeks ago.

We had the baptismal interviews with Nikson and Pamela for this week, and after a really spiritual experience as far as explaining what it means to be a disciple of Christ. The baptism is this Saturday and it should be really good, really spiritual. Three more souls on the winning side if you know what I mean.

I know that Christ lives and to me that means I can be better. I am working hard and I pray for all of you every day.

Love you all,

Elder Craythorne








No comments:

Post a Comment