Monday, February 5, 2018

Pamplona and Baptism

Family and friends,

"If you were accused in a court of law that you were a Latter Day Saint, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
For those of you who don't have the opportunity or time to listen to the voice recording just know that our baptism on Saturday was amazing. Nickson and Pamela are true converts, and I can't exactly say that is thanks to our efforts, they were just prepared. The baptismal service went smoothly and we finished it off by singing "I like to look for rainbows" in English and Spanish.

Thanks to a miracle there was an opening in a spot to go to EFY next week and Nickson is going to go. I cannot tell you how good things are working out for him. I am 99 percent sure he is going to be the worlds best missionary.
We had multizone conference on Tuesday so I was able to see everyone from San Juan again, with all the changes that has happened a lot has changed but Elder Styler continues strong in Solidaridad.
I can't remember if I have said this before but we are focusing on always inviting people to be baptized. In the multizone we had 3 workshops about this same thing, I really liked one of the examples. They were passing out candy but they didn't give it to everybody because not everyone was invited. Also, a really good quote "Every time we don't invite someone to do something (not specifically baptism) we are denying them the opportunity to participate in the Atonement." I about fell out of my seat by the power packed into that statement.

A while ago during a period when seemingly all of our appointments were falling through we contacted higher up on the hill and found one person who opened the door. She was 16 but we set an appointment with her and found her brother and friend. One thing lead to another and now we are teaching 9 young single adults who are really solid. We want to do an activity with members in the ward. If anyone has an idea of what would be fun let me know.

I know this church is true. I love my Savior and I love this work. There is no doubt in my mind that this is what the Lord wants me to do.
I love and pray for you everyday. Have a good week and don't forget to read your scriptures.

Love you all,

Elder Craythorne








No comments:

Post a Comment