Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Pamplona and I am training

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, not quite sure who thought it would be a good idea but I started training Elder Huanca yesterday. He is from Trujillo Peru and he is just as excited to work as excited can get. I remember exactly how it was for me my first days and I had no clue what was happening. I hope I can give him the training he deserves because I know he can be a good missionary.
Yesterday, was the training for the trainers while the new missionaries were upstairs being trained by the president. It was cool to see the Elders and Sisters who are training, I feel out of place but I sure like the company.  There are a lot of good missionaries and I am learning a lot from them.  I guess the Lord trusts us because I know that a big part of the mission is based off of your trainer.
I just hope I do a good job.

The good news is, is that I am not district leader anymore so I can focus a little more on Elder Huanca's training.

Elder Infante went home this week and we said goodbye to a lot of people. I have no doubt he was a good missionary, based off of the people's opinion of him I know he did a good job.
We have really good investigators who are progressing but once again we have found the problem that none of them are married. It is a little weird I have asked so many people to get married, and it is even more strange that I am 18 and they are 30 to 40. Take that as you will but the mission president says that we are changing the culture of these peoples lives. I can't tell you how many times my investigators have told me, "wow, marriage has never even been anything that crossed my mind". I love teaching the law of chastity because that is when you can see it click in their heads and they start to feel the need to repent and change. So good.

I love the chance that my mission gives me to study the gospel. I love the gospel and I strongly like sharing it with people. I know this church is true. I hope all you guys are doing well.


Elder Craythorne


Pictures

Elder Vergara ending his mission and Elder Huanca starting his mission.





No comments:

Post a Comment