Monday, February 26, 2018

Pamplona, A Series of Fortunate Events

Dear Family,

Oh I love being a missionary.

We are having so much progress here in our program. Things were slowing down there for a little bit but I can't wait to get these people baptized and saved.
The ward here is good and there is a lot of people but the leaders are few and a lot are recent converts. We are trying to organize a mission team but the bad part is that we don't have ward missionaries. Right now our mission team consists of the recently released second counselor, YSA leader, a guy assigned to help baptisms and the crazy gospel principles teacher. Pray for us.

I am pretty sure I talked about Diomedez last week but I cannot explain how much this guys has changed. Every single day we would pass by him and he was drunk as all get out. This last Friday we passed by him and he is completely different and he gives us way too much credit than we deserve. The only thing we did was invite him to Alcoholics Anonymous.   Thought I could share a cool experience this week. After a regular day of teaching we came off the mountain down by a park to contact people at about 9 at night. We were thinking of where we should go and who we should visit and I was going over in my head the usual's and the thought just came as naturally as it usually does to visit Alexander.  So we went, knocked on the door and 30 seconds later we were giving a blessing of health and strength because Shasira had just gone into labor. Oh boy was she balling. I cannot explain it but the spirit was so strong even though everyone was so stressed including myself. 

I am lucky I got picked to be a trainer. It is such a good life its like having a little Elder Craythorne who teaches the same way I do except he is Peruvian. We get along super well and he fits really well into the mission work.
I wish you guys the best week. I read one of my favorite chapters in the scriptures this week in John 15. That's not necessarily a reading assignment but it is a strong suggestion.

Love, 

Elder Craythorne



No comments:

Post a Comment