Monday, May 7, 2018

Dear Jason

Dear Family,

Ah I am at a lose for words. I almost started crying, almost. I don't even know what to say. That is so awesome. I have a nephew! 

Congrats to Emily and Jackson!!  Take good care of Jason for me.  To Ryker and Easton, enjoy it while you can the next 14 or so months until Jason finally gets to meet his favorite Uncle.

Similar to how it was last October and November, the people are getting really excited for the World Cup. Almost every conversation we have here it gets directed to that. They always ask me "Are you sad that the United States didn't get in?" And instead of saying "I didn't even know the United States believed in soccer" I have to pretend to know what I am talking about as I say "Yeah, I don't know what happened I think it was because we didn't have our star player (insert English name) when we played against Panama". Based off of what I have heard the first game should be the end of this month or the start of the next. I will let you know how that goes down, but based off my last experience it is bad news for missionary work.

We are working super hard out here. In my voice recoding I talked a little bit about Santiago who I still can't understand how we got that blessing.
We are still struggling a little bit with overcoming alcoholism and not just with Diomedez. We had a really good lesson with the Leon family. They are super good and we have a really good relationship with them to the point where we have some of our most spiritual lessons with them because they are so open to our counsel. They yearn to learn more about the scriptures, we focused a little more on how we(the missionaries) won't always be around and our main goal, now that they are baptized, is to teach them to fish in place of fishing for them. 5 months ago this family was way different and I am so grateful to have been here to help them.

Something else that is coming up is a probable baptism this Saturday for Katherine (also a door contact). I only say probable because I am not that sure. She has come to church plenty of times, she has friends, she passed the interview I just don't know how converted she is to the doctrine. No fault on our part nor hers but she has 2 kids who make it almost impossible to teach an entire lesson. I think the only lesson where we had 100% of her attention was when we taught the 10 commandments, every other lesson we had to either cut it short or pretend she was listening because her kids were screaming. We asked her how she feels about her baptism and she told us she felt prepared awhile ago. 

I love all you guys, I hope you enjoy the voice recording (I laugh every time I here it).

Elder Uncle Ben Craythorne


That baptismal photo is from the member family we helped out last week.

Exchanges with Elder Moreno and Elder Correa







No comments:

Post a Comment