Tuesday, May 29, 2018

May 21st Letter

Family and Friends,

Well to start off just thought I would write something I learned about my companion this week. We were walking and talking and he told me that he had some medical problems so obviously big Spanish words I didn't understand but I pretended I understood. One time I just said "Yeah I don't know how to say that in English" and he goes "um hypertension"... Then I just sat there for a second. Yeah, he knows English almost perfectly.
The only picture I have of us is eating the bread.

Another interesting thing that happened this week, we were sitting in sacrament waiting for it to start and in walks Daniel, a Venezuelan member who was assisting Solidaridad when I was there. If any of you can remember back far enough to when we starting teaching Richard, well that was a referral we got from Daniel, he moved here a couple of months ago.
I also met Kevin finally. Kevin. He is hard to describe. He is a 14 year old member, and he is crazy. He is very very VERY energetic and a huge fan of gringos. Every time we see him he always runs up and gives me a hug and kisses my arm and then he tries to steal my wallet, so you gotta be careful with him. If I can ever sit him down long enough to take a picture you guys will be the first to receive it.

We had another Family Home Evening last night where we sort of roasted the 2 less active families who were there, no fault of our own. The bishop had told us to give a message by Ronald A. Rasband November 2016 called "So you don't forget" or something like that again I am translating. We had talked about the difficulties we as humans have to remember and how easy it is to forget. Of course the topic was directed to tell the less actives that they needed to come to take the sacrament to be able to remember the sacrifice for our sins. Apparently, we were not to sly in how we went about teaching it and the less actives had caught on to what we were trying to teach.
In other news, it took me 5 hours to eat lunch on Saturday.  That bread is from Cuzco and no we did not eat all of it.  

Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Craythorne




No comments:

Post a Comment