Wednesday, June 27, 2018

District Leader Elder Craythorne Episode 2

Dear Family,

As you can tell from the Subject transfers came and went, my District Leader Elder Styler's mission life died and now I am District Leader again, let's see if we can do better than last time ha ha. Other than that not a ton changed, my companion is still Elder Streber and we still get a long super well. In total, if I remember correctly, 27 missionaries went home this transfer. A huge group. But that also means that 27 news are coming in, a lot of training. And the group in August will be about the same size.

This is also the last week for President McGinn which is one of those sad goodbyes happy hellos for President Richey. We had our last multi zone a couple of weeks ago but I think I might be able to see him again because this Friday all the District and Zone leaders with Elder Godoy. It is going to be super weird with a new president but I am really excited to be apart of the change. We already have our first multi zone planned to meet the new president on the 4th of July! Again, I am super excited and super sad to see President McGinn go. They were already planning our reunion for when the other Lima Temple gets dedicated which I don't know when that will be.

The World Cup fad came and went and Peru did not win.. Eh there is always next time. 2022 in Qatar and 2026 in the US Canada and Mexico.

Like I said before Elder Styler finished his mission and nobody tell him this but I will really miss him. He was a super good friend and an incredible missionary, he took wherever he was with whoever and made it better. I am working for that same ability. When I left Solidaridad I had no doubt I was leaving the area in good hands.

I saw a monkey this week but I was not able to take a picture of it. Monkeys are not native to Lima don't get the wrong idea it was someones pet.
I love being a missionary, I am beyond blessed.


I love all of you.

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment