Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Las Lomas and the Beach

Dear Family and Friends,

We had quite the week this week. I had my first District Meeting which I thought went pretty well. I was sort of taking the Vince Lambardi (spelling?) route and talking about the basics of missionary work. Everyone knows how, as a coach, he would sit his players down and teach him saying "this is a football" so on and so forth. I tried to do that same thing with the Book of Mormon, prayer, going to church and baptism. I am excited for the district we have a lot of good elders but of course there are always problems. Last week mom sent me the list of 7 Habits of Highly Successful People and I started tying that to missionary work.

We shared scriptures of the importance of opening your mouth. Nothing happens in the missionary work until someone decides to open there mouth. It is interesting to think that Satan's tactic to try and prevent Joseph Smith from receiving the revelation was to bound his tongue so he could not speak. JSH 1.15. One thing I am seeing is that we have to be contacting WAY MORE than how we are contacting right now.
Highlight of this week was on Friday the visit from Elder Carlos Godoy the area president. He is such a good speaker and teacher and I learned a lot from him. My last chance to see ex President McGinn, yesterday President Richie arrived and Wednesday (Independence Day) will be our first multizone conference with him. I am so excited.

As you will be able to tell from the pictures we went to the beach again today. Different beach relatively same pictures. Which brings me to achieving a grand milestone in my life. Today was the first time a bird has ever bombed me (refer to the picture). 
This next week I will try my best to get a voice message on here again.

I am so lucky to be a missionary.

Elder Craythorne





No comments:

Post a Comment