Monday, August 13, 2018

Las Lomas and the Best Time Of My Life

Dear Family,

I can't tell you how good I feel about this week. It was so good. If you can believe it not only did we reach our goals but we (I can't think of the right word) overcame? our goals for chapel and new investigators. I feel on fire right now.  The ward has changed a ton since I got here, for the better. It actually feels like a ward now. When I first got here I think I complained about the low attendance but yesterday we had over 100. Wish I could take credit for it but I don't know what changed. I also used to complain about how all my recent converts were all young men and young women, then I realized that these are the future missionaries.

You know you are going to have a good companionship when you ask your companion what he likes to do and he says "clean" (fist pump) its incredible how much he can find to clean. So I am proud to announce that we have passed our first week together without any fights. "Chill" feels like an informal word that a missionary probably shouldn't use too much but my companion is just really chill. But not everything is all rainbows and butterflies turns out he doesn't like pizza... and even worse Star Wars. Pray for me.

This week we had a really good district meeting, don't tell the Elders but it was a repeat from a district meeting I lead in Pamplona. I wanted to explain the difficulty of teaching how to recognize the spirit. To jog your memory I gave a sweet snack to the elders and asked them to describe how it tasted without using the word "sweet". It turned out better than the first time as we made the connection to feeling and describing the spirit without using words "well its the spirit" and tasting an Oreo without saying "its sweet".

I don't know how many times I have mentioned that I have wanted to a Family Home Evening with the youth in the ward or maybe this is the first time but this Wednesday that dream will become a reality. I really wanted to focus really hard on the significance and worth of a testimony. I figured that if there was an age that was more prone to hearing negative comments about the church it would be the youth, and most of them are recent converts of a year or so. One thing our Elder's Quorum President always says when he accompanies us to visit the youth is "make sure that whatever doubt you have right now, just ask one of your leaders or the elders just to get it out of the way so it doesn't fester or canker into a cause for inactivity and give yourself more time to feel the love that comes from pure true doctrine." Roughly translated and adding some of my own words ha ha. I will let you know how it goes I think it'll be a good turn out.

Again, Ï am super happy and super content about what we were able to do this week. But I am afraid we might not be able to keep it up. We found 7 new investigators last week and most were just miracle references we got from members.

I have a strong testimony and a love for the truthfulness of this gospel. I am so humbled to be out here and so grateful God has given me this time.

Love you all,

Que tengan una buena semana.
Elder Kreyton

No comments:

Post a Comment