Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Las Lomas and I should have enjoyed hot showers more when I had them


Family,

So our water heater stopped working yesterday.

Just in case anyone was wondering we had another really really good week. The Family Home Evening with the youth was a success. In total 22 kids came! I want to do another one but I am not sure if that family wants us to do it at their house again haha 22 kids is a lot to keep under control. After we played Hot Potato and the loser had to search for a tiny M / M in a bowl of flour, I was the first loser. Kevin also lost but he didn't really understand what he was supposed to do so he just launched his head into the bowl and quickly regretted it, it didn't help that he was super sweaty because more flour stuck to his face.

I am writing a little later because we just barely got done going to the beach which is always a party. It isn't usually a temptation to swim because we can only go to the beach in the winter when its cold and we are the only ones out there. But today the sun came out and it started heating up a little bit..

Other than that it was a pretty normal week. We had exchanges with the Elders from Floresta and it was pretty fun. Yesterday I was contacting with my companion and while I was talking to a sister who was relating to us her problems a drunk guy sees us from like 4 blocks away and he starts yelling "ELDERS" anyway he came over and starting talking to my comp and I think he was trying to kiss my companion's hand but he wouldn't let him. He kind of looked like that one judge from America's Got Talent not Howie but the other one.

In my District Meeting I just did something really simple that turned out to be really good and spiritual. I gave them 3 minutes to draw a self portrait which was immediately followed by complaints a groans saying "but I can't draw". So after that it was pretty funny to see the pictures and then I asked them to draw a picture of Christ. I noticed that the attitude changed and they focused a little harder. Although the quality of the pictures didn't improve that much I told them that the same way we see Christ should not differ from how we see ourselves.

I love you all so much. Thanks for all the support and extra love for those of you who have stuck this long.

Elder Craythorne




No comments:

Post a Comment