Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Transfers

Dear Family,

TRANSFERS

I am writing on Tuesday so that means that we are at the start of a new transfer. My companion Elder Streber went to Brillantes in the stake from my last area, San Gabriel and my new companion is Elder Bustillo from Honduras. Again, this is our second day together so I can't say too much. He is 23 years old, a convert to the church for 4 years. Other than that not a lot of news as far as transfers go. I'm still district leader. A lot of good elders that I knew ended their missions but that also means a lot of new ones came. In some ways the mission feels different than it was 3 months ago but in a lot of ways it is the same.

BAPTISM

This Saturday Angely got baptized, it was up in the air whether or not it would be this week because we had yet to talk about when her parents could come. On Wednesday we went and talked with her mom and we decided to do it early at 10 in the morning. 10.40 the parents never showed up which was rough for Angely but she had a lot of support from the young men and young women so it turned out to be a good experience. She decided that her friend's dad, the second counselor in the bishopric, would baptize her.

FAMILY HOME EVENING

Yesterday was the FHE again and my companion and I taught the Atonement. My companion used a visual aid that was pretty cool and super simple. He put water on a plate and said it represented sin then he ripped a little piece of a banana in the middle of it and said it was us then he explained that we need the 5 principles of the gospel and put 5 matches in the banana and then lit them. He then said that as we live the gospel we accept the Savior and put a glass cup over it which represented Jesus. The lack of oxygen for the fire caused the cup to suck all the water from the plate. Maybe I wasn't too goo at explaining it but it was simple. Then we had everyone share their testimonies about the 5 principles faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost and endure to the end.
I love my mission and every opportunity I have to learn and adapt and be better. It is so fun and it is the best decision of my life.

I know this church is true. Read your Book of Mormon.

Love you all,

Elder Craythorne





No comments:

Post a Comment