Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Independence Day

Ola Family,

I am not sure if this will make sense or not but every other week you will get a good solid letter. Since the rule is we can't be on computers at the same time, every other week I am on the computer first then while my companion is writing I can use this Alpha Smart thank goodness to get some thoughts down.
This would be one of those weeks.

That is something that will be weird and different for me because the first time I was district leader I didn't have to do a single baptismal interview but looking at it now it sounds like by the end of this week I will have done 3! Wish me luck.

End of the week.
Well I got one of those interviews done ha ha it was really fun and the investigator was super prepared. He has fought through battle after battle with addictions but it was cool for me to hear how strong his testimony was because of it.

In my voice message I talked a little bit about what we are learning and here I will mostly talk about what we are doing or trying to do.
We found quite a bit of new people this week. On Wednesday we had divisions with the Elders from Floresta so that was useful to us. I think the idea of divisions is different here it sounds like in other missions they just trade off areas and an elder but here all 4 elders are in the same area. An accomplishment we achieved was teaching Angeli, the sister of one of the recent converts here. It was too easy because she has already gone to the church a bunch and she participates in the Young Women's and everything, but the reason I call it an accomplishment because she is super shy and she is super scared to talk to us. I don't know why!! We are nice people! Who wouldn't want a tall gringo and Argentinian in your house teaching you the gospel. Anyway, long story short we taught lesson 1 and after committing her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon we asked her what she would be willing to do if she receives an answer and she thought for .5 seconds "um get baptized". Like taking candy from a baby, literally because she is 13 years old. Her mom was the really good investigator we taught a couple of weeks ago who really likes our church but has no time to go.
We also had quite a few at church yesterday so that was good. Also, yesterday we did open chapel in the stake center and it was super successful so many people went. Elder Streber and I were in charge of the baptismal font and teaching that while we were dressed in all white. Everyone said we looked like angels.
That is all I have for this week.  I hope you enjoy the voice message and my companion and I had some p-day fun trying to learn how to juggle. Some people could call it good companionship unity.

I love you all I still pray for you and I feel your prayers.

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment