Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Las Lomas and Happy 94th Birthday to Pres. Nelson

Dear Family,

As you will see from the pictures, we went to the temple again. It was really good as always, we are leaving the cold season so it was getting a little warmer. And of course we had to go to Subway after and you can bet your best dollar I got that chicken bacon ranch melt, AND I remembered to take a picture.
The day before while we were walking in the street I found 10 soles, so I decided to buy my companion his first Subway. No regrets there.

Something funny happened this week, well I thought it was funny but there are two parts to the back story. The Elders in my district had 5 baptism interviews I needed to do this week. The other part is that it is really common here when I am in the street we can pass by a group of people and they can be drunk or sober but the girls in the group will start calling "gringo!" they might whistle or whatever but I just have to keep walking. They say this because people aren't used to blonde and blue eyes guys. Anyways, so I am in the interview with the 11 year old of the family and in the middle of no where she blurts out "can you baptize me?" caught me off guard and I said that whoever she wanted could baptize her, so she said "yeah I want you to do it". Then I am talking with the 18 year old daughter and at the end of it all she asks "When do I decided who baptizes me?" I said whenever but soon and she goes "I think I want you to baptize me". Then we get to the mom and I asked her "who do you want to baptize you?" and she says "well I guess whoever baptizes my daughters". So I could have 3 baptisms this week but we won't have time because the baptism for Javier is at the exact same time. Ha ha just because I'm gringo. 

On Friday we had intercambios with the zone leaders in their area which was super green might I add, but at night we had planned another Family Home Evening with the youth, not a ton of people came but it was well populated and we had good participation. We taught about the affects of becoming used to sin. We used to thing where you have to put your hands in freezing cold water for a minute and then try to pick up rice, because of the numbness of their hands it made it very difficult. The same goes with people who are so used to their sinful lives that even if they are baptized it makes it hard for them to feel the spirit. Then to top it all off we played the charades app on their smart phones.

This week will be good as we will be able to baptize Javier, his progression has been unbelievable and he is so ready.

I love and pray for all of you thanks for everything.


Elder Craythorne




No comments:

Post a Comment