Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Los Lomas to Ica

Dear Family,

Let me start off with an apology, I was planning on doing a voice recording because of the mass content of things I wanted to go over but I left it back at the house. (cara palma)

For those of you who have it marked on your calendars you will know that this week was transfers, that's why I'm writing on Tuesday. Sad to say I am no longer in Las Lomas Pachacamac. I have left Elder Bustillo and the ward and the elders and all my friends and the entire Lima zone and am now in the south. My new area is La Angostura in Ica. After traveling from 6 am to 4.30 pm I was greeted by my new companion, Elder Jennings from Phoenix Arizona. If you look on google for Ica (which I already know my mom is) you will see a lot of sand dunes and little towns in the midst of them and the most touristy spot is the Huacachina which is a literal guess of how you spell that, but the Huacachina is an Oasis in the middle of this blubbery sweaty blistering hot desert. The air here is dryer but not like it is in Utah but not near as humid as Lima. Good to get a change of scenery. On the long bus ride here I was with a Sister Legaspi from the Philippines (never did learn how to spell that) and she is going to Nazca, which is still 3 to 4 hours south of where I am. Still technically in my zone just because Nazca doesn't have enough missionaries to be a zone of its own. I will be here as district leader.
AND even crazier news is that the new assistant to the president is Elder Limao, my trainer! I was so excited to hear that he will do such a good job.

BUT no matter how crazy and exciting the transfers were it still has no where near the joy of baptizing Javier on Saturday. The baptismal service was probably one of the best and most attended. The YSA put it all together and invited everyone and it was very spiritual.

Love you all,

Elder Craythorne







No comments:

Post a Comment