Monday, December 10, 2018

The Office and the Return of the King

Family,

LAZARO
As some of you may remember our Cuban investigators went back to their homeland so they could get married and they were gone for 3 weeks so we were pretty worried to find out if the flame of their faith had gone down a bit. On Monday we went over without having called them because their phones didn't work and it was holy a good lesson. The spirit was so strong and they can feel it. When we got out in the street I gave Elder Kirby a chest bump, it was that good. I described as being that part in Narnia when Aslan comes back and its awesome and he just goes ham (sorry for my slang) it was like that.
One thing I like in particular about Lazaro is he is already trying to do missionary work. As soon as we said the prayer in his house it was like we were have correlation with our ward mission leader, he was asking us about other investigators and if they were going to church or if they had decided to be baptized it was just amazing. He already loves this gospel.
He shared with us that 20 years ago someone tried to give him a Book of Mormon and he only read the last verse to try to see if there were any spoilers. He said that throughout his life he has met Mor---members of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints who have lead him to where he his now.
He is incredible.

MIRACLE
On Monday (I don´t know why all my miracles happen on Monday) we were looking through the ward directory and found the name of a less active family felt impressed to go so we went, passed by but they weren't there. But not 2 seconds after we walked away a sister we didn't know walks up to us and says "are you the new elders in this ward?" and we said surely and she goes "there is a family over here and I said I would take someone from the church to go give them blessings". That was pretty cool. Set return appointments.

OTHER MIRACLE
Last week we ran into a crazy member, ok only a little crazy but he was with his friend, Alvaro, and he says "yeah you need to baptize him" so we set an appointment and it fell through and then he said he would go to church and he did! So we set an appointment for that night and it fell through, and the next, and the next and the next BUT ON THURSDAY OUR MOMENT CAME. We taught him and I walked out of that lesson and mentioned to Elder Kirby "I think that guy has a better testimony than I do" of course joking but he was SO prepared.

Time is hard here in the office but it is not impossible, I think with more sacrifice we could be proselyting a whole hour more.

My apartment is really nice. We have to wash our own clothes though, also we don’t have the luxury of a pensionista so during the week we eat at restaurants and Sundays believe it or not we have to cook for ourselves. I was actually gonna ask mom for some ideas on what to cook because let's just say last week was ham and cheese sandwiches.  I guess it is a trade off because other than the office the apartments are not as nice but we get our laundry and all our cooking done for us.

I love all you guys. Forgive me for no pictures.

Happy Dutch Christmas,

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment