Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Office and David's Baptism

Dear Family,

It was awesome to talk to some of you on Christmas.  It was really fun to talk to Ryker, even though his Spanish had me dying laughing.  

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but usually the hardest part about having a good baptismal service is whether or not any members show up to support. That was not the case yesterday.
I really haven't written a lot about David, he started investigating 6 months ago and was kind of on and off in some things good and church but then he disappeared. In october we found him again but he said he was busy, this entire time they have been teaching Myrta, his cousin. About 3 weeks ago we go to teach Myrta and David is there too. Of course the focus is baptism because Myrta is ready and she knows it she just doesn't accept it or something Idk its weird. And we had been planning a baptism for yesterday, the 28th of December and David just shoots up, "so can anyone be baptized?" And it didn't take too much time to think about our answer for us to say "um yes" and he responds "yeah I want to get baptized on the 28th of December." He completely changed his life, big changes easier to notice and smaller changes you had to look for like him being more helpful, comes to the chapel and asks if he can help clean and stuff like that.
Elder Kirby thought it would be a good idea to help the investigators have a more spiritual experience is if we say a prayer way before the service starts where they can thank Heavenly Father for the chance to be here, and that was a really good prayer. I remember a part in particular where David promised God that he would be one of his strongest soldiers.
I love Christmas.
Another tidbit about David is he somehow always always finds us in his little motor taxi when we are on our way home and he gives us a ride. Last week we left a lesson at around 9:45 and Elder Kirby goes "Now would be a really good time for David to show up" and wouldn't you know it we got someone honking at us telling us to hop in. Its like a Bat Signal but the Spirit.

Here are some words from Elder Kirby (my comp). Yes, I got my shout out.
"So the highlight of the week was definitely the baptism of David. He showed up that night looking like a different person, I had never seen him so happy. Before the baptism we went to another room with him and congratulated him for the changes that he had made in his life and told him that he was entering through the gate to the covenant path and then there was still more to be done. We then invited him to pray and thank the Lord for giving him another opportunity and for helping him get to that point in his life. He offered a prayer that I will never forget and he promised the Lord that he would be one of his strongest soldiers. The rest of the baptismal service went perfectly and the spirit was super strong and we sure hope that all of our investigators were able to recognize it. I sure love seeing the Atonement of Jesus Christ take action in the lives of these people that we love and I know without a doubt that this path of the gospel is the only path that brings true joy and peace to our lives. David has made a 180 degree turn and has now experimented a change of heart and is truly converted to the Lord and it definitely has strengthened my testimony as I have played a small part in his conversion with my companion Elder Craythorne!"

Tuesday was really fun and good, we were able to meet with the zone, something we don't do often. And it was actually super good I remember laughing a lot (and making other people laugh).
The mission is so good.

I love and pray for all of you, like always.

Elder Craythorne





No comments:

Post a Comment