Monday, December 17, 2018

The Office and Transfers

Dear Family and Friends,

Being in the office I am blessed with being able to listen to a lot of General Conference talks and BYU speeches. So this week in particular I watched and listened to a BYU speech by David A Bednar about Joy and saw a familiar face leading the music. It scared me out of my seat it's been so long since I have seen anyone I know haha. Hi Bianca!

Week 1 of every transfer will always be on top of the most stressful days. In the middle of doing all the trainings to the new missionaries and their trainers and the 6 weekers I got a call from my boss and had a huge task that usually takes me 2 weeks and he gave me 2 hours. "woo hoo" -Boog.

No way, Tad ran into Elder Halliday?  Elder Halliday is the best I love that guy, one of the most consecrated missionaries we've had. He trained my trainer and he was my zone leader while I was in Ica so yes we have been on a couple divisions. That is crazy he was here a month and a half ago and now he is framing a house in West Point?  He was also in the office. Grandpa Health Secretary, Dad AP and me Finances. Super small world but I knew he lived close to me. Went to Ogden High. There are like 4 missionaries here from Layton High School so I think they are the closest.

For Christmas this Friday we are going to have a traditional turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy and that’ll be about it.

ANDERSON
Remember Liberjhon, well Anderson is his brother from another mother. They consider themselves brothers but I'm pretty sure they're just super homies. Anyway, so we had taught him before but he is harder to get a hold of. Last time we taught the plan of salvation but it was not one of my proudest lessons, he wasn't really sure what his question was but he was really confused. He was saying "these people say this, science says that and you guys say God created everything." So we left him with 2 Nephi 2 and that was like 3 weeks ago. One thing we really want to focus on is that our investigators really read the Book of Mormon and if they don't read we say they can't go on if they don't progress personally and we read with them.

Short email. I'm trying to be better haha.
This weeks shout out goes to West Point 4th ward YM for sending me a letter haha.

Love all you guys.

Elder Craythorne

Pictures
Assembly line to help new missionaries with their luggage
Meeting new Missionaries (Elder Lopez, pro boxer)
Joy, brought to you by the WP 4th activity days





No comments:

Post a Comment