Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Office

Dear Family,

Yes one of my investigator's names is actually Liberjohn he was super proud to tell us it was an American name, maybe you guys know better than I but let me know the next time you see a gringo walking around with that name, take a picture of him and send it to me.
All jokes aside Liberjohn is amazing and last night we had a really good lesson. He is Venezuelan so his conditions are super rough because his family all lives in Venezuela and he is working here and sending money back there. One time a Venezuelan told me that to buy a kilo gram of meat you had to work for a month, so obviously the economy is suffering over there. Liberjohn is a very sincere guy and he just tells us up front instead of trying to lie he just goes, "look I will not go to church because i work" we haven't taught super doctrinally the Day of Rest yet but we will get there don't worry.

The Plan of Salvation
Last night Elder Kirby and I had a really good lesson with Liberjohn about the Plan of Salvation. It wasn't even good because he had some recent death in the family and he needed to know that families are eternal but we taught in more in the sense centered around the Atonement (which we taught him how to say it in English) about the Fall and why we needed redemption. He was paying so much attention and asking such good questions I felt on fire. We explained every point so well, after the lesson I couldn't help but give a bro hug to my companion, it just felt so good especially after not teaching for awhile. You could just see how it was making so much sense in his eyes just the "oh yeah God loves us, gave us bodies, oh shoot we sin, THANK GOODNESS FOR THE ATONEMENT, (and we even went above and beyond with the) now what? what do we do because of the Atonement? Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Receive the Holy Ghost and Endure/Progress to the End. Alley Oop slam dunk.
Like I said, normally people connect super well with this plan because of its promise of Eternal Families and see loved ones again, but for Liberjohn he really connected and dove (not the bird) into the idea of repentance and forgiveness and progression after sins.

That was a real tender blessing from the Lord no doubt, after working in the office so long, time is so much more valuable being of the street contacting the right people, serving in the right time. There are so many things to get done during a day I just pray asking the Lord that I do his Will during that particular day.
I love all you guys thanks so much for all your prayers and support.

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment