Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Office and Inspector Gadget

Dear Family,

One of my responsibilities as housing coordinator is to do inspections and make sure everyone is taking care of their houses, Thursday I did 6 and yesterday I did 10. It is pretty fun, I don't go to burn the missionaries for what their doing wrong but it is fun to be able to talk and get to know everyone even if its only a few minutes.

In other news, basketball got approved this week so we played this morning and you'd think it would be quite different after a year and a half but those who know how good I am know that nothing can stop my game.
Got some extra study time in this week and I read a few BYU speeches I really liked one was recent called Knowing who you are and this are some quotes I got from it.
You may have the vain hope that by acting in a telestial or a terrestial manner somehow you will become celestial. Or you may decide in the first place to be celestial and then really reach that goal.
We were made not primarily that we may love God . . . but that God may love us, that we may become objects in which the Divine love may rest “well pleased.”
There is kindness in Love: but Love and kindness are not coterminous. . . . Kindness, merely as such, cares not whether its object becomes good or bad, provided only that it escapes suffering.
“When you realize who you really are, you will be sorry that you didn’t try harder.”
we need to recognize and remember that we are not alone in our struggles. God has placed others in our lives to help sustain us. They may include parents, siblings, roommates, or friends who may be praying and rooting for your success. But they will also include others whom you can serve.

Something cool I did this week was I helped an Elder with some personal financial problems like fraud or what not and we got to go to the U.S Embassy! American soil baby.
The mission is such a blessing and being in the office helps me learn a lot more than I would have other wise I am learning words like audit, guarantee, year end, and rent.

God loves us so much.

Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment