Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Office

Dear Family,

Again, another week flown by.

 I just got permission from President Richey to be able to call when Ryker gets his call.
I will check my email at around 3 or 4 pm my time every day to see if he's got it make sure you let me know as soon as you know.

We had a good week this week, yesterday was our most productive day. On Wednesday we talked with Lazaro again, I can't remember if I mentioned that he got a new job that will allow him to go to church a wopping 6 times in a year. We tried to give off the vibe that its going to be impossible to progress and keep the commandments with such a job but he has been without a job for 11 months so I think he was more hungry for satisfying his temporal needs than spiritual.
Yesterday we found a less active family who has family in Sandy Utah so that was pretty cool. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Sacrament and how those relate and the importance of it, it was a top notch lesson the spirit was really strong and you could tell it was what they needed to hear.

Our Heavenly Father expects the best from each of us. We must believe in ourselves. Don’t give in when the going gets rough.
Difficulty is one excuse history has never accepted.
There is no education like adversity. Benjamin Disraeli
We receive our inspiration from the mountaintops but receive our maturity from the valleys of life. Winston Churchill
Then I realized that we are not commanded to have faith in blessings but in the Giver of blessings.
Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace. . . . But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods Daniel 3:17–18
In the midst of their fiery trial, these three men—who leaned for repose on Jesus, not on outcomes—communed with the Son of God.
When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie, My grace, all sufficient, shall be thy supply. The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design . . . Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.
The gospel is still true in the foyer. He talks about his daughter who has disabilities and how every Sunday she gets noisy so someone takes her out to the foyer. In the foyer he sees people who show up a little late, people with fussy newborns or people who just like the softer seats. He compares his daughter’s disabilities with others infirmities and imperfections things like mental/physical illness or imperfect faith and even though those stages may feel like a foyer instead of the ideal chapel situation, the gospel is still true.
That is why His grace is called amazing. It includes all people, which means you. It includes all time, which means now. It includes all pain, which means yours.
 I think my emails are becoming more like telling you guys what I studied this week but I gotta share it.
I love all of you.
Elder Craythorne

No comments:

Post a Comment