Monday, October 2, 2017

San Juan Solidaridad 4


Dear Family and Friends,


First of all before I forget right now I am learning 3 languages, Spanish, Portuguese, and Kechuan (and the language of the spirit if you want to count that) Next week I will send a recording of me attempting to speak something not English. The other two languages are harder for me to learn because I have no books or ways to read the language it is just solely off of sound. 

I really am so blessed to have started my mission in this ward, 9 o'clock every Sunday Fortaleza por la 14. We are the only missionaries that meet at our ward but it is pretty small. The stake center is where our district leaders are and it is pretty big. A little about my everyday life: we have bunk beds and I have the top bunk it reminds me of when I was little sleeping in the bunk bed. I AM SO BLESSED We have hot water to take showers, we have a little fridge and a microwave and stove what more could we need?

Elder Dieter F Uchtdorf shared a story about Bobby the Wonder Dog and the natural ability some animals have to remember the path home. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. As a missionary I am constantly asking which way I should go, I want my paths to be directed but something else that he shared is that we have to take the initiative in order to be the tool in his hands that we need to be. So when I am thinking which way I need to go I just need to pick some direction and go that way. A lot of the apostles talked about our divine destiny and the path that we are on. I recommend a good re watching of all the talks at least sometime in between now and the next one in spring. General Conference was so good I cant describe how much it felt like a feast of the spirit.

Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Ben Craythorne







No comments:

Post a Comment