Monday, October 30, 2017

San Juan Solidaridad 8

Dear Family and Friends,

Whether it is easier to say thy sins are forgiven thee or arise and walk we are so blessed to have a Savior who can do both. This week at zone conference we watched the new video for #LighttheWorld and wow am I ecstatic for Christmas, don{t worry I have not forgotten about Thanksgiving and I am not going to forget to give it its fair share of stage time. Nevertheless, today is just as good as any to remember Jesus Christ and speaking of Light the World I particularly want to highlight the similarities betwixt the acts the Savior did and what we can do today. No man, save our God Himself has the power to say [thy sins be forgiven thee[ and have some meat or proof to back it up. But, we fellow members of the human family can be the force that reaches out a happy hand that invites [arise and walk[. No matter physically, emotionally, or spiritually someone around you is metaphorically bedridden or paralyzed and everyone of us the capacity and responsibility to lift and alleviate others. To wrap it all up and put a bow on it, the Savior invites us to be good people.

We had an amazing week, obviously not everyday is good but right now I am feeling good because Sunday was amazing. It felt good to see all of our hard work pay off and be proven through church attendance.
The culture is very different down here but I am pretty much used to it by now, to get around we drive combismotos, and buses, well we don't drive but you get me. Driving is crazy because there is not stop lights only speed bumps and every second you feel like you are going to crash, (reference: scene in the Bee Movie) but I have actually never seen a crash here so that makes me feel better. The people here have pretty good houses, not very many have phones or Internet actually but they have super nice cars. Not immensely fancy but like new Honda's. Here are some pictures of a recent convert family that is really fun but a little hard to keep under control, and pollo a la braza oooh it is so good. 

I am having the time of my life out here. 

I love all you guys.

Elder Ben Craythorne








No comments:

Post a Comment