Tuesday, October 17, 2017

San Juan Solidaridad 6

Dear Friends and Family,

It is a good week to be a missionary, like always. The work is progressing and so am I (hopefully). A little bit more news about my area you already know we are in the hills of Lima and I can see the ocean and it is really humid so the cold is colder and the heat is hotter. Everyday I will be sweating and at night wearing my sweaters. My area is fairly big I think, I don't have anything to compare it by but it takes us a good 30 to 45 minutes to walk from border to border. It takes 30 minutes driving in an overstuffed combi to get to the stake center. The work here is good as always, we contact people on the streets more than anything. We have a lot of lessons planned for each day and we can remember them because we have a planner, but the Peruvians do not have this same planner so they forget. So yeah as expect we have appointments that fail and that is mainly when we contact. We probably knock on average two doors a day. 

My first transfer came and went just like that. Everything here is staying the same except Elder Limao is the new district leader, he is still comparably fresh on his mission just like me. I have said that directly after his training (2 transfers) he started training me and now he is district leader. And he feels the mantel is too big to be his but I know that he will do a good job and I will to my best to help him and not be a burden. I still have yet to find a problem with him we get along super well. 
This church is true and we are lucky to have it, and I am lucky to be a missionary. I love all you guys, have a great week.

Love you,

Elder Ben Craythorne





No comments:

Post a Comment